When it comes to buying your first flight suit, one of the most tricky things is finding the right size. Choosing the best flight suit isn’t as easy as simply walking into a store and choosing your usual size right off the peg. Whether you’re a man or a woman, it’s important to take the right measurements and to select a suit which is best suited to your unique shape, height, and size. Here, we take a closer look at which measurements to take to select the best possible fit for your needs.
There are five key measurements that you need to take to determine the right size of flight suit for you, so grab a tape measure!
- The half chest – measure from the center of one armpit to the center of the other across the fullest part of the chest.
- The sleeve inseam – measure from the center of your armpit to the wrist down the inside of your arm.
- The leg inseam – measure from the center of the crotch down the inside of the leg down to the ankle.
- The front length – measure from the top of your sternum right down the center of the body to the center of the crotch.
- The waist measurement – measure from the center of the side across the top of the hip bone to the center of the other side of the body.
Well-Fitting Flight Suit For Women
In the past, female pilots were obliged to wear flight suits which were designed for men. This caused a host of issues. Women tend to have a different body shape to men and often require narrower shoulders, shorter arm, and leg lengths as well as longer zippers to accommodate easier access. Without a well-fitting flight suit, pilots’ safety is at risk. Not only that, but it is very difficult to focus completely on flying when wearing an ill-fitting suit which isn’t comfortable.
Here at Carter Industries, we’ve worked hard to resolve this problem. We give you all the information that you need to choose the perfect fit for you when purchasing a flight suit, and our customers have given us extremely positive feedback about the simplicity of the process and the comfort of fit when they receive their order. We stock an impressive array of sizes to suit every need. We have four different leg lengths from short to extra long and sizes ranging from 32 up to 52, and all are made to the highest standards.
When you choose a Nomex flight suit from Carter Industries, you can rest assured that you’ll receive a reliable, well-fitting product that perfectly matches the shape of your body. You can be certain that you’ll be safe, well-protected and incredibly comfortable no matter the challenges that you face in the air.